Things I Miss . . . A Lot

To start things off, I had the best meal of my life on Sunday. Maybe not the best meal of my life, but it was super good. Simona's parents came up from Genova and we celebrated Nonna (Grandma's) birthday, because well it was. She was the big 7-0! I don't even like fish, but we had this amazing golden trout fish, this vegetable salad, that looked like our potato salad. It had mayonnaise, eggs on top, carrots, peas and potatos. It was so good! I couldn't stop eating. Then they brought this Foccaca bread (I'm probably spelling it wrong) from Genova which was out of this world. There was regular Foccaca and then there was one that had cooked onions on it. Shaun, you would've hated it. :) I loved it! For dessert for lunch, we had these little pastry things from Denina's Pasticceria (bakery) So good! That's them in the picture. Dinner was just as amazing as lunch & for dessert we had a cake again from Denina's. It wasn't like our cake at home, but was more of a pastry with a flakey crust. Oh yum! I want to go back to Sunday :)

Obviously I miss my family and friends. We're talking about things here people so nobody get their feelings hurt! :)

#1 - Scuttle - That would be my car. I love driving that little thing.
#2 - My GPS - You never know how handy they are until they're gone. :(
#3 - My Bed - My mattress is super comfy. The one here is...well, European. So that means it's very hard.
#4 - Fast food - Doesn't exist here. Italy came up with the slow food movement. www.slowfood.com. I miss mainly Chik-fil-A!
#5 - All my favorite local eateries - The Yellow Submarine, The Cavalier, Rivermont Pizza, Waterstone, Market at Main, Farm Basket, La Carretta . . . the list goes on and on.
#6 - Green Mountain Coffee - I would make at least 2 trips a day down to the Lion and the Lamb while at work for my coffee. :(
#7 - Black Water Creek Trail - I love to bike. There are hills everywhere here!
#8 - People who speak English! - It's getting tough!
#9 - My wardrobe - I'm already sick of the stuff I brought to wear...not good. It has only been two weeks!

And the thing is miss the most is . . . !!!

#10 - My FAN! - I have slept with a fan for almost my entire life and sleeping without one is extremely difficult! I wake up at everything. :(

4 Response to "Things I Miss . . . A Lot"

  1. Kelsey Brooks Says:
    November 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM

    Teyible sister just teyible :(

  2. Aunt Beverly Says:
    November 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM

    I just LOVE your posts! Just the kind of info that I wanted you to share - everyday stuff, like a Seinfeld episode

  3. aaron says:
    November 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM

    that's friendly

  4. Anonymous Says:
    November 18, 2011 at 9:30 PM

    you need a fan! How can we transport a fan?!
    Miss Kathy :)

Post a Comment