An Italian Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving to say the least was a little sad...

It started off with meeting Robert at the British school in Mondovi. Simona was nice enough to drive me over there. Afterwards it was me in the house. By myself. All day. In Italy, Thanksgiving isn't a holiday. Why would it be? There were no pilgrims and indians who settled their differences with one another and became friends. Nope. Just another day on the calendar. Kathy Skyped me while putting her bird in the oven and have made before. I guess I didn't use enough milk because it was like paste. I could've laid bricks with that stuff. Oh well. For the most part I think it was a success. I didn't realize Gianluca didn't like apples so instead of eating the apple crisp he put his iPhone in the gelato. Hahah...it made me laugh! :) I was able to Skype the family, which was wonderful! Got to see my little Raeleigh gill whose turning into a fat little chunk of lard! :) I love it!!!

1 Response to "An Italian Thanksgiving"

  1. Aunt Beverly Says:
    December 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM

    I missed you on Thanksgiving even though in your lifetime we'd only shared one together

Post a Comment