What's That in My Bowl?!?

So Simona has been gone for the week and I think the Airaldi family does not trust me with making their family food. I think its an Italian thing. :) Which I guess is fine because we end up eating at different family members houses every night. Mostly just Anita's though which is Gian's Mom. So last night the three of us went over to Anita's for dinner. I started off with a salad and then went to the main course of Palpetta (meatballs) and zuppe (soup). I finished my salad and didn't notice anything odd in my bowl. After dinner was finished I took a kiwi from the fruit bowl and started eating it. Once I got to the end of the kiwi I got the worst tasting thing ever. The after taste tasted like I just ate a piece of rusty metal. Really weird. I didn't think anything of it until I was putting my dish in the sink to get washed. I looked down in my bowl and there was a little baby maggot looking worm wriggling around in there. I was horrified! Did I just eat a piece of that worm? Was that the nasty metallic icky tasting thing?!? I don't know. I probably never will, but I don't think I'll be eating any kiwi any time soon. YUCK!

1 Response to "What's That in My Bowl?!?"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM

    Stink bugs have that same metallic taste. :)

Post a Comment