My Other New Casa - Up on the Mountain



December 24th me, Simona, Mattia, and Gianluca moved ourselves up to Prato Nevoso. Currently there is no snow, but fortunately its been cold enough that they were able to make enough snow to open one run. The Christmas season is one of Prato's busiest times and one of the biggest money makers for the resort. Without snow its been a tad bit difficult to bring in the business. That's just a little background information for ya.

Here in Prato I have free reign of a little apartment which is normally rented by the Nonne (grandparents). This year they were kind enough to let the Au Pair use it, which is me. :) The flat is decorated very 1970's with wood paneling and this greenish yellow wallpaper. There's a very strange smell that comes out of the bathroom that we can't seem to be rid of, but other than that its gonna be home for the next 3 months. In the flat there are four little bunk beds that remind me of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Although there's only 4 beds and only one of me. I like it. I tried out every bed just like Goldie Locks and the Three Bears and decided on the bottom right bunk. I have my own little balcony with a beautiful view of . . . the road. :) The kitchen is tiny but I pretty much eat with the fam all the time so I don't really have need of it. I had a fight with the shower/bidet and you can read about that in my next post. The bathroom is small, but it suits me just fine. Its the warmest room in the flat so I like being in there. But yeah the shower is a shower and also a bidet. Kind of strange. But like I said its home! Simona, Mattia and Gian are only two floors up so I get my exercise. Hopefully we can get some snow soon! Then I want to hit the slopes!























1 Response to "My Other New Casa - Up on the Mountain"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    December 31, 2011 at 9:35 AM

    So I kind of like it. I feel like I should send you your "Shoot Your Eye Out" dress to wear while you are in there. :)

Post a Comment