I Fought The Shower & the Shower Won

So I got settled in my new home, and decided that it was about time to take a shower. I had cleaned the whole thing earlier today which was good, because there were dead flies and a bucket stuck in there. Come to find out, my shower is not only a shower but it also functions as a bidet. Interesting combination but I guess it could work. The shower is a corner unit and is pretty small. It is cornered off by an old fishy shower curtain. Not fishy smelling, but it actually has fish on it. I know what you were thinking. :)


Anyway, that's besides the point. I turn the hot water on, so I don't have to step in a freezing cold shower. The only thing that turns on at this point was the bidet. I turned up the water pressure and the shower head started going, so I step in. As I'm standing there covered in shampoo, the shower head just randomly turns off which makes the water pressure in the bidet spout go crazy. It completely blasts me and its of course at an awkward angle. Not too comfortable I must say. I won't go into any detail, but it kinda hurt to say least. Meanwhile the water is flying so high that it's reaching the ceiling. I desperately started to fumble with the hot and cold nobs to turn the water off.

Well in doing so I just turned the cold water off. Now I have hot water scorching me. You can only imagine how wonderful that one felt. So I scream since my skin was on fire. I'm standing on the side of the little tub and I grab the shower curtain to steady my balance. I almost fell out and probably would've taken the whole shower curtain with me. After a bit of a fight, I finally got the water turned off. I then turn the water back on more carefully this time with both hot and cold. The only thing that continues to work is the bidet spout. So I get down in the bottom of the shower and try to get the shampoo washed out of my hair. Like I said the shower was a small little thing and it was very cramped in the bottom. I was getting so frustrated because the bidet spout only would shoot up and the top of my head was a soapy mess. Then a glorious moment happens and the shower head turns on. I quickly finished getting clean just to make sure that I had the water head working.

After I was finished I go to open up the curtain and there is a huge puddle of water on the floor. Just my luck. So I find a towel and a sponge and start sopping up the mess. It was not fun. Maybe next time I'll take Ronaldo's advice and shower upstairs in Simona's nice shower that has a shower door and a shower head that does not date back to the 1970's. :)

4 Response to "I Fought The Shower & the Shower Won"

  1. Aunt Bevvy Says:
    January 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

    I'm all caught up on your blogs now - Just LOVE them! and I loved hearing your voice and seeing your pretty face - I'm just so excited for you and these experiences you are having

  2. Anonymous Says:
    January 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

    I am laughing. I am so sorry you had to go through this, but reading your little wordings is hilarious. Mr. Tom says he has never heard of a bidet - shower before. Did you ever figure it out or do you just have to go upstairs?

  3. Allison says:
    January 3, 2012 at 6:38 AM

    Nope never figured it out...I just am a lot more careful with it now. I don't shower upstairs just because it would be a pain to have to carry all my stuff up three flights of stairs and then back down again. I brave the shower every time! :)

  4. Allison says:
    January 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM

    OH and tell Mr. Tom thy do exist. :)

Post a Comment