Umbridge, Snape, Harry and Trelawney Go to the Movies

The end. The end is always a start to a new beginning. Harry Potter has officially come to an end. I have read all 7 books and I must say that I fell in love. I was one of those skeptics who always thought it was so stupid and juvenile and then my friend Josh started into the wand business. He had made all the Harry Potter fans in our friend group wands made out of wood that he whittled. I must say, they were pretty awesome. So I told Josh I wanted a wand. He was like "Why? You don't even like Harry Potter?" So he said if I read the books he would make me one. Needless to say, I took him up on his challenge. Read all seven books in record time and like I said before fell in love!!

So, I have several friends including Josh who are all about Harry Potter. His girlfriend, Micah (also my roommate), and my friend Shaun all love it, so we decided for the midnight premiere showing of Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part II, we
were going to go all out. We purchased our tickets months in advanced so that we wouldn't be disappointed with a SOLD OUT show. At work day of, I picked out the best butter beer recipe I could find and bought the goods from the grocery store (see below for recipe). Then Shaun and I went to Goodwill and tried to find our best Harry Potter costumes. I wasn't having much luck. I wanted to be Umbridge at first, but then I found an outfit that looked similar to Bellatrix. After looking through racks of smelly clothes I found the perfect outfit. I was Umbridge all dressed in pink. Shaun went as Harry with the black graduation gown (thanks to Josh) and his red tie, glasses, and authentic forehead lightning scar. We took pictures before the show, drank our butter beer which was AWESOME and headed to the show. We took pictures like Umbridge and Trewlaney were getting drunk together, and Snape and Harry were getting drunk and happy together. We weren't REALLY! It was just funny for the pictures because those characters would NEVER do that! Off to the show!

We figured since it was the midnight premiere all the crazy fans wold be out. But they weren't! We were seriously some of the very few that dressed up. But I think all four of us liked it. This girl cornered me in the bathroom and was like "GIRRLLL why are you her? I hate her! Who in their right mind would dress up as her!"Whoopsy. Josh had tons of people ask him to take pictures with him since he was Snape. I actually had a girl ask me if she could take her picture with me too. I thought that was funny. got there kinda late and got stuck on the second row, but Shaun and I wanted to show off our costumes so we started to do a theater tour. We came across one theater that was completely empty. So we got all of our friends to move and we had the best seats smack dab in the middle and not too close. It was a smart move.

The movie was awesome! I think I cried four times. Don't tell though cause it's a little embarrassing. I won't tell you what happens cause you definitely need to READ the books first, then you can watch the movies. It was a good night and I didn't even fall asleep in the theater. Work the next day at 8:00 in the morning sucked the next day, but that's life. Anyway, remember BOOK FIRST! Movie Later Jennifer Crews! :)

Butter Beer Recipe

Ingredients:

1 quart butter brickle or vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup butterscotch syrup or Butterscotch Schnapps
32 oz of your favorite cream soda

Directions:

1. Place 4 (16-ounce) glasses in freezer and chill for at least 20 minutes

2. Mix ice cream and cream soda in a blender until combined

3. Divide between the frosted glasses

4. Top each glass with whipped cream, if desired

5. Serve with spoons and straws

2 Response to "Umbridge, Snape, Harry and Trelawney Go to the Movies"

  1. Jennifer says:
    July 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    HAhahahaha! nice :)

  2. Anonymous Says:
    August 2, 2011 at 10:08 PM

    I still can't figure out how to subscribe to your blog.

Post a Comment