Italy or Bust

Italy or Bust . . . Seriously. I’m doing it. I’m finally doing it. And maybe it will totally suck and be the worst decision of my life, or maybe it will be wonderful and be the best decision I have ever made. Either way, I’m going for it. What you may ask? Come November 1, 2011 I’m picking up my little Lynchburg butt and I’m heading to northern Italy. I have been diligently searching since July to find an Au Pair job overseas. It has proven itself to be a difficult search. One day I’d get my hopes up that something would really work out, then the next day my hopes were dashed on the rocks. It was kind of like a roller coaster. Excitement. Disappointment. Excitement. Disappointment. The whole process got to be extremely draining. I talked with two extremely potential families on Skype but the one that I wanted in Switzerland decided to go with someone else. I had emailed back and forth with numerous families and nothing seemed to come of it. Then Low and Behold Simona contacts me and BAM! I talked with her while I was down in Durham visiting Ernie and Lorrie and she was wonderful. We talked for an hour on Skype about random stuff and towards the end of the conversation she's like, "Well I'm cool with it if you are." I'm like okay let's do it! So that's that. We will be staying in Villanova in the spring and summer and Prato Nevoso in the winter where Simona is a ski instructor. Super excited! EEEK!! I'll be taking care of five year old Mattia and we're gonna be besties! He's going to teach me Italian and I'll teach him all the English I know! :) CAN'T WAIT!

1 Response to "Italy or Bust"

  1. Jennifer says:
    October 18, 2011 at 2:02 AM

    Hahah you betta explain "The Gill Language" to Mattie.
    PS: I'm so excited for you Allie!

Post a Comment